Online purchasing and daily shipments have become customary for many homeowners. You enjoy the ease of having goods dropped at your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in the open are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a real problem, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they give you so much more.
Take a second to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an integral part of your smart home.
Perks of a Bowling Green video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a great number of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, talk to people at your door, and get instant updates whenever a package is dropped off.
The easiest way to understand how a Bowling Green video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various perks it offers. Take a look at the following features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t find this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging burglary with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a great way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that should include the faces of individuals at your door and boxes on the ground. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage any time of day: What’s the purpose of having a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and difficult to see? The best models will provide exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to know when a package is dropped off? You can get instant alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and boxes.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your door? Two-way audio lets you find out their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to deter people lurking around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will allow you to minimize false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the chance to view real-time and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may access them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even let you speak with the individual at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.