Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Bowling Green smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total control of your Bowling Green home’s automation and security. See what it can do and find suggestions to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Bowling Green?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review live or saved video streams from any linked surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Bowling Green by programming schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window or door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Bowling Green
Although multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add another user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and submit the info to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, just proceed to the menu, tap users, choose the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Bowling Green security system. Dial (270) 514-2292 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.