Ways to cut down on false alarms in Bowling Green
False alarms can be a legitimate issue for a home security system. Not only can they erode the faith you have in your alarms, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, you are able to do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Bowling Green sensors and alarms.
First, make sure that your devices connected properly. This will probably seem like common sense, but it’s common that overlooked miscues trigger false alarms. For the next step, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, such as windows and doors that could be left open by accident. And finally, don't hesitate to integrate the various options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Bowling Green.
Could it be really that easy? Read on and find out.
Many false alarms in Bowling Green could be averted
Just like you would address any problem, the best course of action is to reference the guidebook. Be certain that all devices are set up properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a system analysis via your smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each sensor to make sure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Look over your scheduling to make sure that your alarms aren’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all recently added smart devices are incorporated correctly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your service representative if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Bowling Green home. They'll be happy to send out a tehnician to examine your equipment.
Check your windows and doors
When your installation seems to be installed properly, the next measure is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are all your doors and widows closed tightly, or might there be a few mistakenly open? If an entry point remains unsecured, it might trigger an activated sensor. If your clan routinely neglects to secure an entry point, you can incorporate a smart locking mechanism that secures automatically when the alarm is engaged. Sadly, windows need extra hands-on attention, particularly if you have a loved one who prefers to fall asleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to disengage that alarm while still shielding the rest of the house.
Automation is a great way to cut down on false alarms in Bowling Green
One of the best techniques to minimize the probability of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your alarm system. By using your security app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms that happen due to absentmindedly unlocking an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again that evening when you’re asleep.
- Have your system disarm whenever your smart front door lock is initiated with the correct PIN.
- Use geotracking to arm the alarm if you exit the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Receive mobile updates when your implements sense unusual movements or have need of a new battery.
- Connect your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may turn your system on or off without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Bowling Green with a Vivint smart home
Greater authority over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, reach out to (270) 514-2292 or send in the form on this page.